background

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lake Powell 2009



Our top 20 highlights!

1. Beautiful weather, not too hot, and not too many bugs.
2. Great company. My parents, little sis Jeanie and Katie, Matt and Jayden.
3. No one was seriously injured. Except mom tweaked her knee in a little fall off the houseboat. I trip to the chiropractor left her feeling better.
4. Jeanie learned how to wake board.
5. Little girls gathered hundreds of shells, Emma would dump them back into the water and they would be gathered again.
6. Aaron, Brinlie, and Carter were crazy fishes. As soon as their sunblock had been on long enough they were out in the water, swimming away.
7. Emma warmed up to the water.
8. Yummy food, and enough to warm up for later so we did not have to cook as often.
9. Foot rub from my Dad and Scott.
10. Girls got toenails painted by Jeanie and Katie.
11. Made flower hair clips, thanks to Katie.
12. Aaron got to drive the boat with supervision from Grandpa.
13. Scott got to drive the houseboat while Grandpa sat and relaxed.
14. Playing on the rocks and getting into the refreshing water.
15. Going on a jet ski ride with my Dad up Antelope Canyon. It is beautiful at Lake Powell. Nothing like it in the world.
16. Darylyn was afraid to go on a jet ski ride but after a little force she and I had a fun ride and she loved it.
17. Scott got a few good jumps while wake boarding.
18. Watching Jeanie perform her talent dancing to "Can you feel the love tonight," from Lion King. Seeing the kids dance the east coast swing to "Little Bitty Pretty One."
19. Watching Emma and Jayden play with each other jumping off an ice cooler onto an air pad- over and over.
20. The very best part of all is simply being together in a relaxing atmosphere. Watching the kids enjoy themselves and trying new things. Overcoming their fears. (I was a chicken growing up) Visiting, Laughing, and growing closer to each other.
So long Lake Powell till next year.

1 comment:

Nic and Jodie said...

OH wow! What a fun summer vacation. We did that a few times growing up and I will never forget it. It looks like you had a blast. I am so so sad that we couldn't see you on your way through here. I really wanted to, but it's all about Macie right now. I sure love you though. Thanks for understanding.