background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Back at Home

Yes- that is correct. I pulled Darlylyn out of Kindergarten and she is back at home. I LOVE IT! She was doing fine at school, but I kept missing having home school and asked myself why am I not doing it? I am not pregnant, I do not have a tiny baby....so I asked D and she was all for it. Two days of the week she will get together with 3 of her friends and have school at the other moms houses and we will rotate around. It is going to be WONDERFUL. So today was her first day home. Tomorrow her friends come to our house for school and she said she wanted to play restaurant with them. Well...my brain started turning. Children learn through play and work. D you could make the menus for your restaurant. (writing, math, cutting) So to her she will be playing restaurant with her friends. All the while they will be learning as they play.
1. Writing their name on the menus, and their favorite foods
2. Counting money to pay for their food-addition and money value
3. Learning about the food groups- cutting foods out of the weekly ad
4. Using their fancy manners (hopefully)

Children naturally love to learn. As we let their curiosity and imaginations lead the things they learn about learning is fun and something they will grow to love. Eventually, as the learning requires more discipline and time it will be a blessing and not a burden to learn and work hard.

The sign for her restaurant to go on the front door.

This was her idea. The waitress is holding her tray with a drink and is on roller skates. I wish it was a better picture.
Her menus. The kids will help with the preparation.

Her imagination led her learning. It was her ideas that led from one idea to another that was her,"school" for the morning. Again.
I LOVE HOME SCHOOL!

1 comment:

anneliese said...

Sounds fun. Leslie you are amazing!