background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happenings

To culminate the end of they year with our Playschool (Darylyn) and Joyschool (Emma) groups we finished it off with a morning at the park. The biggest attraction... a large pile of sand newly dumped in the parking lot. That is a lot of little kids entertained by dirt.

Brinlie and I made a quick trip down to AZ to see Jeanie graduate from SHS. (The beautiful blond, my new sis-in-law, Becky.) We had a relaxing weekend and loved being back home. Jeanie will attend ASU and is a smarty pants but most of all hard worker. Katie and I hope we can grow up to be like her. She was only 5 years old when I was married and I have had to watch her grow up at a distance. What a beautiful soul she has grown up to be.

Three friends of ours started a new race in St. George, the Red Mountain 50K, it is in its 3rd year. (that is longer than a marathon...crazy people) We manned the first aid station. We handed out food, drink, first aid etc. Took pictures of people. There were people from all over the U.S. It was a chilly breezy morning but fun to be out and see the runners energy.

My fabulous cousin Breann Bryant came down for the weekend to participate in a Cystic Fibrosis walk/run. She has Cystic Fibrosis and is one of the strongest women I know. She refuses to be a victim of anything and has overcome many many obstacles in her life. We came along as well. You can not tell but our shirts have the SuperMan Shield with BB in the middle for
"Bryant Brigade." We had a great time, despite the insanely strong wind.
We always enjoy when Breann comes to visit.

1 comment:

Nic and Jodie said...

You are one busy, amazing woman. Looks like lots of fun. How are you feeling?