background

Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Place Like Home

We are a little like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. As she travels through Oz she finds she just wants to be home. Now we will have one. Today we found out we get to buy the home we are currently renting. It was a good day. The home is a farmhouse style with a 3-sided wrap around porch. A cicular driveway, fenced in back yard, and plenty of room for a small orchard. It has felt like our home, so it is a comforting thought that we get to settle in for good. Now the slow process of making it ours. Just imagine it with shutters on the top windows! Darling huh!










6 comments:

Jen said...

I love it, shutters will be darling! I'm jealous of your porch!!

Julie Winder said...

I love it, the space, the beauty, so homey...I am happy for you, but, miss you and your cute kids at school.

cerrah said...

Congratulations, I love the house. Your kids look like they are doing well in school, and I'm just so glad that things have worked out for you all.

Can I come sit in a rocking chair on your porch? (:

Dustin and Tara said...

I'm so happy your home worked out for you guys! Your kids are super cute. Can't believe they are already in school. We don't even start for another week, and then we don't get out till middle of June. What happened to starting early and getting out in May? Love your blog and being able to see what you guys are up to. Sorry about the recent loss, we were glad Scott emailed us with an update on everything. We love keeping in touch with you guys and you are probably thankful Scott got released....so he can be home more!

Cinder said...

Your new home is wonderful! I love the porch and the big back yard. Shutters will be a great addition.

Stephenie said...

Cute house! Is that the home you originally put an offer in on and then the bank changed their mind?

Hope ya'll are doing well.