background

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My playlist

The songs on my playlist are all there for a reason...

1. I'm Still A Guy--Scott heard this on the radio recently and it brought a huge smile and warmth to his heart. It makes him smile. Which makes me chuckle.

2. Don't Worry Be Happy- My Dad would sing this to us when we were little and grumpy. It made Darrell furious!!! And my Dad can whistle high really well just like in the song. If the song was being sung just for one person, say Darrell the rest of us would join in all happy like and it would only add to the grumpiness! Ahh fun memories.

3. Whistle While You Work- My mom sang this often to us as kids. It was so motivating!

4. Unchained Melody- This is one of my Mom's favorite songs. I can still remember how much I loved playing this when I learned it when I was young.

5. Rawhide- My Dad loves this song. He purchased the music and everything so he could learn it and sing it at Thursday Night in the Park. I remember practicing with him.

6. Sound of Music- My Mom and I love this song and the musical. Thank you mom for immersing me in musicals. As a young girl and even now I would still like to be Marie on a hill in the Alps. In my younger years I would wander out into the boonies by our house and sing at the top of my lungs..."The Hills are Alive..." to the jack rabbits, cedar trees, and sage brush. You work with what you have.

7. All I Ask of You- In high school my Dad and I would sing this together. I would play and we would practice especially on Sundays when he was home. I can remember him getting ready for the high parts. Oh sweet days.

8. It is You I have Loved- This song is Scott and I's favorite waltz song to dance to. It makes us feel very sentimental and lovey dovey. One of my happiest moments.

Now you know...aren't you glad!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

your song choices are wonderful and i read this all and it brings tears to my eyes (of course) but also just all great choices thanks for sharing love ya

Jen said...

I love it! Gavin loves the guy song too. They must be brothers. Your dad is a talented guy with all that singing and cooking and etc. Hope you guys are surviving. Can't wait see you soon!