background
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The Inevitable
April 14th after dinner I glanced outside the kitchen window and saw Emma crying on the side of the tramp and Darylyn hunched over her. I ran outside to find blood all over Emma and cries of pain. I quickly brought Emma into the house and instantly cries came from the rest of the kids. Scott and I cleaned up the blood as quickly as we could to find her lips and gums cut and bleeding. Darylyn felt horrible because she had accidentally jumped her too high causing her to land on the springs. Aaron felt awful because the Spirit had told him to go check on his sisters earlier and he hadn't and I felt horrible because I had felt like I didn't want the girls outside jumping, but I refrained because I didn't want to be the party pooper mom. The kids went and said a prayer in the living room that she would be alright. We knew her lip would heal eventually but she had a chunk of lip on the inside of her mouth that was hanging open. We could see where she had bite marks in her lip. And she chipped one of her teeth. We decided to go to Instacare. Once there they said because the cut went across her lip line we had to go to the ER and if they couldn't fix it a plastic surgeon would stitch her back up. $$$$ A plastic surgeon? So to the ER we headed. Of course they looked at us very suspiciously and then we really got some dirty looks when we mention it happened on a trampoline. Like it is a major sin to own a trampoline. The bleeding had stopped and of course she was visiting with anyone that would listen to her. Once we were taken to a room she explored or touched every inch of that room. 3 1/2 hours later she had 5 stitches. The stitching part was horrible, luckily Fischer slept through that part, while Scott and I held Emma down. You do not need the gory details -but she screamed!!!! Once she was numb she still fought and kicked as she had a cloth over her face preventing her from seeing what they were doing and she was yelling, "Mommy." and "Don't touch me." "Don't do that anymore." Ah. It is horrible to see your child in so much pain. The next few days brought added privileges as she had juice boxes, yogurt, smoothies, and Popsicles (given to her by some great friends of ours). She was a pathetic little sight with her swollen lip, sore bruised gums, and drooling mouth. She is a little more cautious now. She has been quite the sight though with her stitches, and then add her normal crazy pulled out hair, bumps and bruises, markers, or whatever else she has gotten into. We are grateful though our little Emma girl is safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I feel for ya. When Camie was bit by that dog she had to get stitches on her chin and cheek. THey had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from moving and she screamed, "Daddy, you're hurting me! Stop". It was horrible! I will never forget that feeling.
Evan wanted to talk to Scott, but I don't seem to have your email or phone number. Can you email Evan at esblackatsbcglobaldotnet? or have Scott call him at 8322159593? Thanks!
Oh man! Les! That is the most helpless feeling. I can't stand it when kids get hurt. I'm so glad that she will be ok. Good thing Nic will be the doc, cause I really have a hard time handling things like that. How is she doing? Tell her we're thinking of her.
Oh Leslie, your story made me feel so bad for poor Emma....and laugh all at once because I can just imagine her markered up cute little self running around with stitches. Ethan has been the only child of ours unfortunate enough to experience stitches (twice)...NOT fun!
Eeesh! I hate watching stuff like that, I feel so bad for them. Your baby is getting so big and so cute! How fun!
Why do you never tell us these things? I informed Mom of it last night. Poor Emma. Just what the poor girl needs. Jayden still is talking about Pinkerella. I took him to Burger King a few weeks ago and they gave him a cup and who do you think was on it, Pinkerella. We instantly thought of Emma.
Post a Comment