This is the famous yet unknown bad the, Soggy Bottom Brothers. Scott convinced his fellow teachers to dress up like as you see and for a final end of year seminary shindig they sang, "Man of Constant Sorrow," but with changed lyrics to fit their occupatio, teaching teenagers the Bible. It was good, wholesome red neck fun!
Carter and fellow Bear Den members lip synced to a song at a Pack Meeting, They were awesome!
Some friends of ours invited us to their home to ride horses. Our kids loved it and came home of course requesting horses. And that they could not possibly live with out them.
Darylyn before her recital. She is holding her music book.
We had cement poured in our back yard. We now have a basketball pad, dance floor,
and weed control- at least in that area.
Aaron my really smart boy one day stuck a tiny Lego piece in his ear! We tried many ways to try and get that thing out but I will brag a bit on this one, my very logical brain figured out how to get that thing out. So if ever you have a kid that had stuck some object up their nose or in their ear and it should not belong there this is what you can try. #1 get a powerful vacuum, one that has a wand. I recommend Dyson. #2 Put on the smallest attachment you can. #3 get a straw and strapping tape. #4 tape the straw into the attachment and tape over any holes or where pieces connect. #5 insert the straw into the silly boys ear and turn on the vacuum. #6 Listen very carefully for the sound of the feel of the unwanted object going through the straw. I happened to tell our family doctor and he said I should patent that idea.
We replaced our wood stove. Those who have been to our home know we have a very long pipe. It was ridiculous what was required to get that hunk of a junk down. However, the room looks very nice now with our new stove, tile and carpet.
1 comment:
Ha ha! I love the Aaron story. Reminds me when one of my brothers did something similar, but it was a vacuum problem. He took a half racquetball and suctioned it onto his eye. He almost lost his eye and when we finally got it off, he had a major black eye. So brilliant. I guess I've had my share of brilliance. :)
Post a Comment