background

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Temples and Pioneers

On our way home we took some time to go through the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was a memorable and beautiful experience for our family, one of the highlights of our summer travels.
Once we came home life was just as busy. On Pioneer Day, July 24th, our little community has a tiny parade. A man in our ward made a miniature wagon for fun this summer and they asked us to fill it. So dressed up in our pioneer garb we pretended we were pioneers for a morning.



This is the sweet man that made it and his wife,
Gerald and Sandy Johnson.


Our kids had a BALL! It gave us a minute taste of what pioneer life would be like. The kids loved riding in the wagon and taking turns pulling it.
I wish I had better pictures to do it justice.


Happy Pioneer Day.

1 comment:

Nic and Jodie said...

Les! I love your hair. Your family is so cute. I'm glad that you enjoyed the temple open house. I wish we could have seen you. Hey, we are coming up to pine valley on Aug 28th-30th for a family reunion. Could we stop by?